Make kefir yourself: Introduction
- Kefir has many Health benefits. You can use it preventively to strengthen your immune system or even if you feel weak or have a cold. If you make kefir yourself, the kefir tuber is even healthier.
- Kefir is one Combination of yeast and bacteria., whose fermentation with the addition of lactic acid bacteria creates the unique flavor. Milk kefir from the supermarket does not contain live natural tubers, so probiotic organisms are also generally lacking.
- Now we're focusing on that own production of kefir. More general information about the Kefir It can be found here in a separate article.
Make kefir yourself – you need these things for this
- Glass or glass
- Funnel (glass or plastic)
- Rubber and rubber
- Glass bottle to fill
- 500 ml of milk (fresh milk or UHT milk)
- 8 g of active root kefir tuber (available online as well as select stores)
Make Kefir Yourself: 5 Easy Steps
- Take the tubers and put them in the kitchen container or glass
- Then you give it 500 ml milk added.
- Insert Rubber over the glass opening and tighten it with a rubber. As a result, no oxygen enters the container and at the same time the pressure generated by the fermentation can escape.
- Now is the time to place the kefir mushroom in a place protected from light at room temperature 24 to 48 hours to store
- Then you can use the Separate the kefir bulb from the drink.. To do this, use the sieve and pour the kefir into the glass bottle.
Make the kefir yourself – continue to use the kefir tuber
- You must first keep your kefir tuber retained on the sieve rinse warm water and make sure that all dairy substances are dissolved.
- If you are from Immediately make kefir mushroom new kefir you can start again from step 1. If not, you can use the kefir tuber later.
- To do this, take some water and place the tubers in a bag in the freezer from your refrigerator Before using, thaw the mushroom in fresh milk for several days.
- Pay attention to one clean hygiene in dealing with the kefir mushroom. Do not touch it by hand and do not contact it with chemical detergents.
If you want to share milk kefir and great dairy recipes with others, take a look at our BRIGITTE community finished.